Board Election Filing Info
The Reeds Spring School District will accept Declarations of Candidacy forms from persons interested in running for a three-year term on the School Board in the April 2, 2019, election.
Below please find a list of candidates who have filed for election to the Reeds Spring R-IV School Board for a three-year term in the upcoming April 2nd election. The candidates will appear in the following order on the Ballot (vote for two) in Stone and Barry County:
A Legal Notice, announcing filing information for this election, was submitted in local publications toward the end of November 2018.
Filing WILL BEGIN on Tuesday, December 11, 2018, at 8:00 am, and WILL END on Tuesday, January 15, 2019, at 5:00 pm. Interested persons must file in person at the Superintendent's Office located in the Administrative Offices at the rear of the Reeds Spring High School, 20281 State Hwy 413, Reeds Spring, MO. Persons may file during regular business hours, Monday through Friday, from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, on days when school is in session.
Filing will not occur on days that the school district offices are closed due to inclement weather, or between the hours of noon (12:00 pm) on December 21, 2018, through Monday, January 7, 2019, when the district offices are closed for the holidays. Filing will resume on Tuesday, January 8, 2019, from 8:00 am-4:00 pm. The Administrative Office will be open on Tuesday, January 15, 2019, until 5:00 p.m., as required and noted above.
There will be two (2) positions available with a three-year term each. The name of each candidate will be placed on the ballot in the order of filing (Board Policy 0320). Filing will not begin prior to 8:00 am on Tuesday, December 11, 2018 (MO Statute § 115.127).
NOTE: If elected, the Board candidate must be able to attend the first meeting after the election to take an Oath of Office. MO Statute 162.301 states that the Board must reorganize within 14 days of the election (April 2, 2019). For compliance purposes, the Board of Education has scheduled a regular Board meeting to coincide with the required Reorganization meeting on Tuesday, April 16, 2019, at or near 5:30 p.m., in the High School Choir Room (see Board Meeting calendar posted on website). Oaths of Office and election of officers will be conducted at that time.
A Declaration of Candidacy form will be provided and signed at the time of filing, which declares that he or she is eligible to hold office in accordance with Missouri Law as follows:
1) Citizen of the United States of America
2) Resident taxpayer of the Reeds Spring R-IV School District
3) Will have resided in MO for a minimum of one year immediately preceding election
4) At least 24 years of age
5) Not delinquent in payment of any state income, personal property, municipal or real property taxes on place of residence and if past or present corporate officer, verifies office does not owe any taxes to the state. (Required to complete a MO DOR form in this regard - provided at time of candidate filing)
6) Have not been found or pled guilty to a felony under the federal laws of the USA or to a felony under MO law or an offense committed in another state that would be considered a felony in MO.
7) Currently not registered or required to be registered as a sex offender
8) Have filed all required campaign disclosure reports with the MO Ethics Commission for all previous elections in which a candidate.
In addition to the Declaration of Candidacy form, please be advised that the following forms will also be made available and must be completed and signed in person at the District Office on or after Tuesday, December 11, 2018, at 8:00 am: MO Department of Revenue Form 5120; and Notice to Candidate Personal Financial Disclosure (PFD) form.
To be better informed of the duties and commitments of a School Board Member, interested candidates may review the documents listed below.
Thank you in advance for your interest in participating as a School Board member for a school district whose main focus is students and providing a Great Place to Learn and Work.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Superintendent, or Board Secretary, at 417-272-8173, Ext. 4021.