A confirmed case of COVID-19 has been reported at Reeds Spring Intermediate School. Individuals who were in close contact with the person who tested positive have been notified to quarantine for 14 days. The district is taking all precautions consistent with the CDC and Stone County Health Department.
Due to privacy requirements, we cannot release the name of the individual or details that may identify this person.
As a reminder, we urge everyone to take the following preventive measures:
- Stay home when you are sick
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Avoid coughing or sneezing into your hands or in the air. Always try to cough or sneeze into a tissue, then throw the tissue away and wash your hands. If you don’t have a tissue, cough/sneeze into your arm.
- As much as you can, avoid touching your eyes, mouth, and nose.
- Clean AND disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. This includes tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, and sinks.
- Maintain at least six feet of distance between non-household members and wear a mask when maintaining that distance is difficult.
- Be alert for symptoms including…
- Fever of 100.4 or higher
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- New congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- Close contact with a person with COVID-19 in the last 14 days
We are continuing to monitor this situation and will provide additional information as needed.