The Reeds Spring School District is committed to the health and safety of our students. We are working closely with the Stone County Health Department, and at this time, there are no reports of Coronavirus in our community.
As a best practice for overall health in cold and influenza season, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends that individuals receive the influenza vaccination and engage in preventative measures to prevent the spread of germs and avoid illness, such as:
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use alcohol-based hand sanitizers.(https://www.cdc.gov/video/cdctv/handwashing/306898_WYKTK_Handwashing.mp4)
- Avoid touching eyes, mouth and nose with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with individuals who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick. The CDC recommends that individuals remain home for at least 24 hours after you no longer have a fever or signs of a fever (i.e., chills, feeling warm, flushed appearance).
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then immediately discard the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Take any anti-viral medication prescribed to you as instructed.
The Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services has developed this helpful fact sheet about coronavirus.
Please be assured that our staff will continue to keep an eye on illness in our schools, as is our standard practice. If we receive any word of a case in our area, we will certainly share that with our staff, students, and parents.
Thank you for helping to keep our students healthy!